Blueberry Muffin Oatmeal Cake
Updated: Aug 27, 2019
If you've never tried an oatmeal cake you are seriously missing out!! The make breakfast seem like you're eating dessert, and I don't know what's better than that. This cake is gluten and dairy free, but it can easily be made vegan/plant based if you don't add the collagen. And by taking the collagen out, you aren't losing any flavor!
In order to make this you'll need either a blender or a food processor, to make the oats into a flour consistency. Once the oats are blended it is just mixing and microwaving to have this delicious bowl :)
1/2 cup GF oats
1 tbsp collagen
2 tbsps flax
1 1/2 tsp coconut sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup non dairy milk
1/2 cup blueberries
INSTRUCTIONS: 1. Blend the oats until they resemble a flour, and pour them out into a microwave safe bowl.
2. Add in all dry ingredients, 1/2 tsp coconut sugar and blueberries, and stir until they are evenly combined.
3. Add in wet ingredients and mix until no lumps remain.
4. Stir in blueberries.
5. Sprinkle the remaining coconut sugar on top.
6. Microwave for 2 min & 30 sec, or until the cake is set.
7. Add all the toppings you want! I used more blueberries, banana, peanut butter, and non dairy yogurt.