Pumpkin Oat Cookies
I never really understood what a "breakfast cookie" was until now. These are the ultimate breakfast cookie, because they have so much texture and just remind me of muffin and cookie combined. These were originally supposed to be made into energy balls but then the mixture was too wet so I changed gears and did this instead! And let me tell ya, it was a good decision. These are perfect on their own, on top of a smoothie bowl, in a yogurt bowl, or however else you want!
1.5 cup oats
1/2 can pumpkin puree (roughly 1 cup)
12 soaked dates
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tbsp melted coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Either soak your dates overnight, or boil for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the dates, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin pie spice to a blender, bend until fully combined (it's okay if it isn't perfectly smooth!).
4. Add the blended texture to a bowl with the oats, mix until evenly disbursed.
5. Add the honey, melted coconut oil, and egg. Stir until combined.
6. Make your desired cookie size and add to a lined cookie sheet. Press the cookies to about an inch thick, they won't spread! This made 9 cookies for me.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
8. Enjoy them :)
These would be perfect with nuts, chocolate chips, or raisins. They're definitely customizable!